mainahabroad

Friday, June 30, 2006

Haircut Horrors!

Another important lesson was learned today. Beauty is relative. My idea of beauty is not the same as other peoples. I decided last week to get my hair cut for one because I am going to a wedding on Saturday and because of the heat. Shahla made an appointment for me with her hair dresser and she assured me that he was great. It is always better to go to a male hairdresser because they will really try to make you more beautiful while female hairdressers don’t want to make other women too beautiful.
I was a little nervous because some of the haircuts and dye jobs here are a bit tacky for my tastes. The hairdresser’s wife was also in the salon helping out and when I saw her I knew I was doomed. I went ahead with it anyway, Shahla tried to convey to him what I wanted, he assured me that he understood. He kept saying “I will make you even more beautiful!” Everytime he said it I got more anxious. When he whipped out the platinum blond die it was all over. He put more blond in my hair than there is natural brown. I look like a zebra. And he didn’t even try to get the roots of my hair so it already looks about a month old. But I have to say that now I actually almost blend in here with my tacky hair cut. What I find really funny is how everyone here thinks its so beautiful. I don’t know how I will fix it.
But aside from the horrors of the hair cut the salon itself was rudimentary at best. A swivel off kilter desk chair instead of the pump chairs. He didn’t wet it first but just sprayed it with a bottle. No running warm water to rinse, just a big holding tank above the sink with a heating coil in it. He didn’t even use gloves to do the dying.
Never again!!! He offered to do my make-up for a week. Sadly I refused.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kate! Wo ist das Photo!?

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kate! If I understood Julia correctly, I'm with her. Where's the picture?

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your mother will always love you not matter how bad you look.
    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home